PHYSICIAN ASST CERT
This job posting is no longer active.
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- Malignant Hem
- Full Time - Day Shift - M-F occasional holiday
- Req #: 37487
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
ARNP / PA-C – Inpatient/Outpatient – Malignant Hematology
Based in the Malignant Hematology (Mal Heme) Department, this inpatient/outpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant position provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG) and serves as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and national certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; previous specific experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.