Staff Architect Design and Construction
- Tampa, FL
- McKinley Campus (MKC)
- Full Time - Day Shift - 8-5
- Req #: 36052
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The Staff Architect is responsible for providing management oversight for the design and construction of Moffitt Cancer Center capital projects. The Staff Architect will work within the Division of Planning, Design, and Construction as a member of that team in delivering the highest level of customer service to Moffitt Cancer Center. This position will support the team by evaluating the programming requirements and project feasibility. In addition, the Staff Architect will support by creating project requirements to enable conceptual estimating, end user approval, conceptual scheduling, and hand off documents as appropriate to third party Architects and Engineers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the hospital environment with Infection Prevention, Interim Life Safety Measures, and Regulatory Agencies (Florida specific preferred).
- Experience with scientific research and/or healthcare is highly desirable.
- Proven familiarity with design, construction, and energy efficiency concepts, practices, and procedures. Applicant is able to demonstrate their ability to converse and share information at varying levels depending upon the audience. Knowledge and experience in using AutoCAD, REVIT, E-Builder, Microsoft Project, Lawson or other project and financial management software is highly desirable.
- Reviewing, investigating, planning, designing, and design management of capital and expense projects.
- Developing preliminary project code evaluations and preliminary schematic designs to allow for validation of programming and to facilitate creation of professional service RFPs for solicitation of design services.
- Successfully consult with outsourced design services, monitoring quality and scope of services, and overseeing change management on multiple simultaneous projects while managing stakeholders and participants needs and expectations.
- Assist in site investigations and evaluating potential areas or sites to be built or renovated
- Manages capital design activities (renovations, inspections, meetings, permitting, project close out, commissioning, and any other project related work).
- Conducts periodic reviews of as-built drawings, quality inspections, life safety inspections, and infection control inspections.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field required
- Registered Architect or AIA required - may posses valid Architect license in another state, must register & obtain State of Florida as a Registered Architect license within 6 months of hire.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and construction of complex building systems as a member of a cross-functional team is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.