Management Assistant - Pathology
- Tampa, FL
- McKinley Campus (MKC)
- Clinical Testing Develop
- Full Time - Day Shift - M-F 8am to 4:30 pm
- Req #: 29755
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
- Provides a variety of administrative and complex clerical functions in support of the Administrative Director, Laboratory Administration, and Pathology Services faculty.
- Exhibits good judgment and professionalism in all dealings.
- Position requires a high degree of competency, skill and independent thinking/action and self-motivation.
- Recognizes and establishes priorities, and use resourcefulness in the completion of daily tasks and special projects.
- Possesses the ability to research problems independently, objectively and thoroughly with little or no direct supervision.
- Offers constructive ideas and suggestions for improved operations.
- Communicate problems, concerns, occurrences and information to supervisory and management staff in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma / GED - Required
- Associate's Degree - Preferred
- Minimum Experience Required:
- At least three years experience as an administrative assistant preferably in the Health Care Industry is required.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated keyboard efficiency. Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Prefer knowledge of Pathology technical terminology.
- Minimum Experience Preferred:
- Prefer experience in working in a Pathology environment with physicians/faculty.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.