Patient Flow Coordinator – McKinley Outpatient Center
- Tampa, FL
- McKinley Campus (MKC)
- Patient Experience Svcs
- PRN (As Needed) - Day Shift - Mon - Fri, 7:30a-4:00p VARIABLE*
- Req #: 31041
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
*****Please note: This is a PRN (AS NEEDED) postion.
Our McKinley Outpatient Center accommodates the growing needs of our patients. These include the following:
• Skin Cancer Clinic
• Breast Cancer Clinic
• Survivorship Services
• Blood draw/Clinical laboratory
• Diagnostic Imaging and breast imaging
• Outpatient Surgery
• Pre-Anesthesia Testing
• Publix Pharmacy
• Infusion Center
• Rehabilitation Services
• Arts In Medicine Studio
We are currently looking for a PRN (as needed) Patient Flow Coordinator to join our team.
· Coordinates the flow of patients through the building for their complete visit using customer service skills, critical thinking, and software/hardware systems.
· Works with various team members and I.T. systems to track and facilitate the movement of patients, in order to enhance the patient experience, prevent delays and provide direction and support.
· Provides front line customer service, oversight of clinic flow, aesthetics, and communications with patients, families, and team members.
· Works to achieve goals for patient wait times and patient and family satisfaction. Must have exceptional organizational, time management, communication, and customer service abilities.
· Works harmoniously and professionally with patients, guests, and team members, including volunteers. Must be able to maintain diplomacy and composure in stressful situations.
· Displays a high level of integrity, empathy, compassion, sophistication, and professionalism.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or skills:
o Bilingual in English and Spanish
o EMR knowledge
o Ability to manage change
o Experience in a high paced outpatient clinic
o Associate Degree
· Manages the flow of the patient utilizing multiple systems, using verbal and written communication and collaborates with all members of the team as patients move through the building.
· Verifies patient identification, manages the self-registration kiosk process while adhering to Moffitt policies of confidentiality and privacy and corporate compliance.
· Monitors the patient through designated tracking software and hardware, uses multiple systems and works with Information Technology to ensure that the systems are always operational. Works with patients, families, guests, and clinical support teams to prevent and communicate patient wait times and/or delays.
· Demonstrated verbal, written, listening, and analytical skills. Empathetic and compassionate personality is critical to the role. Provides quality customer service by speaking clearly and maintaining a high level of customer focus. Ability to manage patient issues, provide follow through, and work calmly with patients and team members resulting in the best experience possible.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· 1 year of experience in the medical field
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.