Manager, Anatomic Pathology
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- Full Time - Day Shift - M-F 9am-5:30pm
- Req #: 35007
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the histology laboratory, ancillary testing services and translational research departments.
- Serves as the resource for coordination of research projects, test validation, and clinical test implementation activities in the department.
- Duties for this position include management of daily operations, personnel management, budgetary/fiscal responsibilities, research project management, quality assurance and assessment, regulatory and billing compliance, ensuring accurate design of LIS and IT processes, and coordination of projects and shared interdepartmental activities.
- Also serves as the laboratory liaison or internal consultant for both inpatient and outpatient areas of the organization; The laboratory manager relies on experience and sound independent judgment to formulate strategic goals and to also resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Emphasis is placed on high quality patient care, operational efficiency, turnaround times and budget targets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a Master's degree in Medical Technology.
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Supervision/Leadership: independent decision making and problem solving, formulates department goals and objectives, demonstrates high level interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication.
- Technical Knowledge related to lab operations, state and federal regulations and accreditation requirements (CLIA, AHCA, CAP, FDA, TJC), CPT coding and billing requirements, quality control and proficiency testing management and exceptional analytical and problem solving.
- Management/Operations: Ability to prepare budgets and monitor financial operation, evaluate and select capital equipment.
- Personnel: Demonstrates in-depth job knowledge related to management and supervision of personnel; monitors productivity and adjusts staffing to optimize workflow and efficiencies.
- Project Management/Collaboration: Sound project management skills including managing multiple projects and deadlines, collaborates with external departments for the optimization of current processes and development of new approaches related to improving patient care and experience.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science required.
- Florida supervisor's license in Histology required.
- ASCP HTL license required.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant Histology laboratory operations experience at the laboratory manager and/or supervisory level required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a Histotechnologist level inclusive of IHC techniques, optimization, and validation prior to management/supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge or experience with Digital Pathology and Informatics. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Sound project management skills including managing multiple projects and deadlines required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.