- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- 3 Central
- Full Time - Day Shift - 7a-7p, weekend plus
- Req #: 36316
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse for our 3 Central (ICE-T) unit, which is comprised of a 12 bed Inpatient Unit and an 8 bay Outpatient Treatment Center. The unit provides a dynamic working environment specializing in Immune Cellular Therapy patients. Our nursing staff provides knowledgeable and skilled care within a unique interdisciplinary team. We offer Chemotherapy classes and ongoing education workshops.
The Cellular Immunotherapy Program at Moffitt Cancer Center is an innovative treatment approach that harnesses the body’s own immune system to fight cancer. At Moffitt Cancer Center, we offer several types of cellular immunotherapy, including chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy, T-cell receptor (TCR) therapy, tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) therapy, dendritic cell vaccine and we are continually investigating additional options. These novel treatments are helping to transform the landscape for many current and future cancer patients. We are fully accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), speaking to the unwavering dedication and expertise of our team.
Cancers immunotherapy can treat
At Moffitt, cellular immunotherapy is currently being used in a number of ways.
- CAR T-cell therapy: can be used to treat certain types of cancer, including diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, transformed follicular lymphoma and follicular lymphoma.
- TCR gene transfers: require human leukocyte antigen (HLA) matching, can be used to treat several types of malignancies, including lung cancer, sarcomas and multiple myeloma.
- TIL therapy: can be used to treat malignant melanoma, head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, genitourinary carcinoma and lung cancer.
- The Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BSN license
- Hematology oncology (optional)
- Blood and marrow transplantation (optional)
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 1 year of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- BCLS Certification
- FL License
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.