- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- PRN (As Needed) - Day Shift - Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
- Req #: 32218
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
- Performs and reports the results of laboratory tests in the areas of routine hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, chemistry and basic blood banking.
- Performs basic referral lab ordering and paperwork.
- Performs quality control and assurance duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology.
- Has ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Receives, accessions and processes blood and a variety of other human source specimens for clinical analysis.
- Performs and reports results of routine manual and automated tests in the areas of hematology and coagulation.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate degree required.
- Florida state license in the specialties of Hematology, Clinical Chemistry and Serology required. Immunohematology and Microbiology preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Medical technologist preferred.
- Follows established policies and procedures pertaining to quality control requirements and acceptability of data.
- Is knowledgeable of theory, testing principles, and instrumentation related to routine clinical laboratory procedures in the areas of hematology, coagulation, blood banking, microbiology and clinical chemistry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.