APPLIED POST DOC FELLOW
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- Biostat/Bioinform Staff
- Full Time - Day Shift - Mon-Fri
- Req #: 31570
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Computational Postdoctoral Fellow
Developing omics integration approaches and single cell computational tools for cancer research.
· This computational postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
· There will be ample opportunities to interact directly with basic, translational, clinical researchers, bioinformaticians, and biostatisticians to develop algorithms or tools for analyzing single cell data.
The Ideal Candidate:
· A highly motivated researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background and programming skills.
· Research background/experiences in machine learning, AI, and/or interactive tool development.
· Ability to learn new tools and knowledge is highly desirable.
· Will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
· Will help understand tumor-microenvironment changes, cancer patient treatment response, and for treatment prediction.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
· Experience in developing open-source software and/or interactive web-based tools.
· Solid quantitative background and experiences of developing novel algorithms or methods for analyzing time series data.
· Experience of integration of multi-omics data including whole exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.
· Research background in machine learning and AI.
· Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Y. Ann Chen @ Ann.Chen@moffitt.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.