Postdoctoral Fellow–Molecular Oncology
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt Research Center (MRC)
- Molecular Oncology
- Full Time - Day Shift - varies
- Req #: 43731
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
A post-doctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Jiandong Chen at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center to study the structures, regulation, and therapeutic targeting of p53, MDM2 and MDMX proteins. The research interest of the lab is in investigating signaling mechanisms that activate p53 in response to stress and develop novel strategies for therapeutic targeting of wild type and mutant p53 in cancer treatment. Ongoing work involves development of wild type p53 inhibitors, therapeutic targeting of temperature-sensitive mutant p53, investigation of novel MDMX functions, and mechanisms of MDMX regulation by phosphorylation. Link to publications from Dr. Chen’s lab: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/jiandong.chen.2/bibliograpahy/41158381/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending
• A highly supportive, well-organized and efficient lab environment.
• Opportunity to collaborate with chemists and structural biologists.
• Opportunity to gain experience in both basic mechanism study and drug discovery.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience with signal transduction, drug discovery, structural biology.
• Experience with cell culture, molecular biology techniques, tumor xenograft models, genetically modified mouse models.
• Interest in studying the large p53 literature to develop independent ideas.
• Mechanistic studies of p53, MDM2, MDMX function and signaling mechanisms using biochemical, cellular and animal models.
• Identification of druggable p53 mutants.
• Develop and improve assays for high throughput drug screen.
• Functional analysis of compounds from drug screen and chemical modification.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Recent Ph.D. graduate with a strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, a current CV, full-length recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr.Jiandong Chen at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.