Postdoctoral Fellow in Cancer Biology
- Tampa, FL
- Stabile Research Building (SRB)
- Molecular Oncology
- Full Time - Day Shift - varies
- Req #: 44375
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Wan lab at Moffitt Cancer Center Department of Molecular Oncology is dedicated to understanding how protein post-translational modifications shape the proteomic network and how cancer cells rewiring central signaling pathways to gain proliferative advantage as well as to escape immune surveillance. The lab uses multidisciplinary approaches to address a very dynamic range of scientific questions in cancer biology and beyond. Postdoctoral fellows in the lab are encouraged to receive career development training for future independent research positions.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experienced in molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry techniques.
• Basic imaging techniques including immunofluorescence, living color imaging.
• Basic bioinformatics skills.
• Previous flow cytometry and immunology experience is a plus.
• Previous experience in proteomics and/or next-generation sequencing is a plus.
• Previous genetic mouse modeling and small animal imaging experience is a plus.
• Work with PI on the project planning; design and conduct experiments independently; document and organize the data routinely.
• Learn and develop research techniques and lab protocols.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills.
• Work with collaborators and core facility staff on interdisciplinary experiments.
• Supervise research assistants and graduate students.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• MD or PhD in Cancer Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Immunology, Genetics or related.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Lixin Wan (Lixin.Wan@moffitt.org).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.