Research Associate I_Molecular Oncology
- Tampa, FL
- Stabile Research Building (SRB)
- Molecular Oncology
- Full Time - Day Shift - varies
- Req #: 45445
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Research Associate I – Flores Laboratory, Dept. of Molecular Oncology
- The Research Associate I assumes the responsibility of performing basic, cell, and molecular cancer biology research.
- The Research Associate I will work in a vibrant scientific environment and contribute to our understanding of the p53 family in cancer using in vivo methods and cutting-edge technologies.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team effectively.
- Conduct general laboratory techniques
- Responsible for preparing data for presentations and manuscripts. This is done in conjunction with the research staff, research scientists, and PI.
- Responsible for performing a variety of standard laboratory experiments as well as assisting in the development and testing of new laboratory procedures under appropriate supervision.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Field of study: A biological, basic, or quantitative research field.
- Hands-on research experience is required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.