Postdoctoral Fellow – Mathematical Immuno-Oncology
This job posting is no longer active.
- Tampa, FL
- Stabile Research Building (SRB)
- Integ Math Onc-Staff
- Full Time - Day Shift - Mon-Fri
- Req #: 45834
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
A post-doctoral fellowship is available in the computational laboratory of Dr. Kasia Rejniak on a new exciting project funded by the NIH/NCI grant: “Mathematical Model-Guided Adoptive Immunotherapy in Bladder Cancer”. Rejniak Lab is a part of the Integrated Mathematical Oncology Department. More information about our lab and research can be found at: http://labpages.moffitt.org/rejniakk/. This position can be filled immediately by a talented scientist with strong expertise in mathematical modeling and computational programming.
• Development of novel predictive mathematical models of a cutting edge new anti-cancer treatment: an adoptive T cell therapy.
• Working in close collaboration with cancer immunologists and clinicians.
• Vibrant, multi-disciplinary, and diverse research and education environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong background in mathematical and computational methods for modeling biological systems (ODEs, PDEs, and/or ABMs).
• Knowledge of modeling in immunotherapy or immunology is preferred.
• Knowledge of optimization techniques is a plus.
• High motivation, enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team.
• Design and implement comptational models, plan, conduct and document simulation results independently; analyze and visualize model results.
• Collaborate with researchers from wet labs to integrate laboratory data with in silico models, and to generate experimentally testable hypotheses.
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills; write research reports and scientific publications.
• Present research results to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• PhD and background in applied mathematics, engineering, physics, or a related computational discipline.
• Excellent programming skills.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Rejniak at Kasia.Rejniak@moffitt.org and apply online.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.