Integrated Mathematical Oncology Faculty
- Tampa, FL
- Stabile Research Building (SRB)
- Integ Math Onc-Faculty
- Full Time - Day Shift - Monday - Friday
- Req #: 45889
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Moffitt Cancer Center, the top-ranked NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Southeastern United States, is seeking faculty members for tenure track positions at the level of Assistant or Associate professor, to join the Integrated Mathematical Oncology (IMO) department. These positions offer an exciting opportunity to work directly with a diverse team of scientists and clinicians focused on the singular mission of using an integrated team science approach to better understand, predict and treat cancer.
• Candidates will join a highly integrated and translational research community supported with advanced core facilities (including computational) and laboratory space. IMO integrates mathematicians, computer scientists, and physicists together with evolutionary biologists, to work with imaging specialists, epidemiologists as well as clinical and experimental oncologists to develop novel approaches for the treatment and understanding of cancer.
• Candidates will have the opportunity to interact directly with clinicians through our Evolutionary Tumor Board and the Center of Excellence in Evolutionary Therapy.
• The faculty members are expected to lead an independent research program, leveraging Moffitt’s vast data resources to accelerate discoveries across the basic, clinical, quantitative and population sciences at Moffitt Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidates:
• Experience in developing and implementing mathematical/computational models in collaboration with experimental/clinical colleagues.
• Experience with analyzing/utilizing data across a range of biological scales.
• A passion for team science and a desire to have translational impact.
• Grant funding success/experience.
• Collaborate on a variety of cancer and clinical-related research projects.
• Communicate clearly and openly.
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment.
• Maintain a rigorous extramurally funded research program.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Successful candidates must have an MD or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related field and relevant research training and experience in mathematical model development, an outstanding track record and top-tier publications in cancer research, mathematical biology, and mathematical/computational oncology.
Academic rank beyond Assistant Member will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment at the Associate Member rank requires a minimum of five years of experience at the Assistant Member level. These positions are tenure-earning. Salary is competitive with similar institutions.
After submitting your formal application, applicants should also submit a letter of application, CV, research statement and contact information of at least 3 references to Karolyn.Paris@moffitt.org.
Questions about the opportunity may be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Alexander Anderson at Alexander.Anderson@moffitt.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.