Translational Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Fellow
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt Research Center (MRC)
- Biostat/Bioinform Staff
- Full Time - Day Shift - Mon-Fri
- Req #: 48542
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
Translational Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Fellow
Now hiring a Postdoc Fellow in the Translational Bioinformatics and Cancer Systems Biology Laboratory of Dr. Aik Choon Tan (http://tanlab.org ) at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. We are looking for a talented, energetic and highly motivated individual to join our lab to "contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer"! This position will be involved in innovative cancer genomic projects. The research fellow will develop computational and statistical algorithms for the analysis and interpretation of cancer genomic datasets using histopathological images and next generation sequencing technologies, and to develop computational tools for linking these vulnerabilities with therapeutics. The research fellow will have the opportunity to be trained by computational and experimental mentors, and will be supervised by Dr. Aik Choon Tan (email@example.com). He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with cutting-edge oncology research groups at the Moffitt Cancer Center and work on translational research projects.
- Opportunity to work in exciting translational cancer research projects in a multi-disciplinary team science setting.
- Participate in advanced cancer genomics and cancer systems biology research projects.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs.
- Work at the intersection of data science and cancer research.
- Translating bioinformatics research in clinical trials.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The successful applicant will have completed (or be close to completing) a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in an applied quantitative discipline. This includes, but is not limited to, Computer Science, Informatics, Biostatistics, Population/Evolutionary Genomics, or Applied Mathematics.
- Should have at least one first Author publication.
- The applicant should have a strong interest in either basic or translational research. A track record of applying computational and/or statistical models to solve biological problems is desired.
- Experience in common programming languages is needed (e.g., R, Python, C, Java, Perl).
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong evidence of productivity, creativity, and self-motivation.
- A track record of conference poster and/or oral presentations, and first author peer-reviewed publications, is expected.
- Design, develop and deploy computational and statistical methods in analyzing cancer genomics data.
- Works closely with the Principal Investigator to manage, analyze and interpret data.
- Contribute to peer-reviewed publications.
- Present results in conferences and meetings.
- Communicate effectively in team science settings.
- Contribute to rigor and reproducible data science research.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Informatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Biomedical Informatics, Statistics, Population/Evolutionary Genomics, Geomics, Cancer Biology or Applied Mathematics.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.